The Membership Committee is looking for two new members to join the current Chair and member. The Committee is charged with researching and implementing initiatives to improve and increase the recruitment, retention, and reclamation of members.
The Membership Committee is charged with researching and implementing initiatives to improve and increase the recruitment, retention, and reclamation of members. The Committee is seeking two new members to be part of an area crucial to the success of CRLA. Being on the Membership Committee is a great opportunity that allows you to connect with colleagues across the US while getting more involved in an organization that has helped drive our passion for learning and academic assistance.
The goals of the Membership Committee are to address the three Rs of membership (Retention, Recruitment, and Reclamation), explore new membership options, create new marketing materials, and increase the level of engagement with members. With committee meetings only once per month, this is a minor commitment with a big impact.
Along with a Membership Chair, this committee consists of the CRLA Executive Director, and three to five committee members, one of which is a CRLA Board liaison.
Minimum Qualifications of the Committee Members
The Membership Committee members must have been a member of CRLA for at least one year and must maintain current membership in CRLA throughout their time on the committee.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Membership Committee
The committee will:
- conduct an annual review of the current membership with input from the Board.
- propose and implement approved membership promotions to increase recruitment and retention.
- propose and implement approved membership reclamation initiatives including a survey.
- engage in activities that welcome new and renewing members and encourage community and connection.
- work closely with the Executive Director for guidance in implementation of initiatives.
- keep records and make reposts and/or recommendations to the Boards of Directors.
- review membership numbers quarterly and provide a report to the Board on recruitment and retention.
- work with the TEI Membership Manager to update communications with members regarding retention and recruitment as needed.
To Apply: If you would like to be considered for this position, please contact Tina Kondopoulos, Membership Committee Chair. You do not need to include the documents listed on the Leadership Opportunities page; you only need to email Tina about your interest in being on the committee and she will follow up with you regarding any further information needed.