This SIG has been formed to understand the learning barriers that graduate and professional students face to be successful in their programs and to assist the CRLA members who work with these students in delivering the highest quality of services to them. Some concerns that we will be exploring are:
- How to market to this population?
- What types of support do graduate and professional students need (and what are the differences and similarities among graduate versus professional students)? How can we deliver the services to them (various programmatic ideas)?
- How to transition a learning center to expand to the needs of these students?
- How we can help students transition out of college and into these graduate and professional programs successfully? and
- Conduct future research study on what graduate & professional students find difficult in regards to learning, reading, etc.
If you are interested in becoming a member of this SIG, or have suggestions for our mission and objectives, please contact one of the co-chairs.